- FIND SCHOOLS
- TOP LISTS
- PUBLIC SCHOOL GUIDE
Home > Illinois > Kendall County
Oswego High School
- School Comparison
- District Comparison
- Nearby Schools
- School Reviews
4250 State Route 71
Oswego , IL 60543
View full size
- Oswego High School serves 2,678 students in grades 9-12.
- The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Math is 24% (which is lower than the Illinois state average of 31%) for the 2015-16 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Reading/Language Arts is 27% (which is lower than the Illinois state average of 36%) for the 2015-16 school year.
- Oswego High School placed in the bottom 50% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is bottom 50%, and reading proficiency is bottom 50%) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Illinois state level of 16:1.
- Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Illinois state average of 51%.
Oswego High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Oswego High School’s student population of 2,678 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 151 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,678 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||151 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oswego High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,544 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school’s student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
- The diversity score of Oswego High School is 0.53, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.31 . The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data
|This School||State Level (IL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
Two or more races
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for income eligibility guidelines may qualify for free and reduced price meals or free milk. These guidelines are used by schools, institutions, and facilities participating in the National School Lunch Program (and Commodity School Program), School Breakfast Program, Special Milk Program for Children, Child and Adult Care Food Program and Summer Food Service Program.’>Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cusd 308 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Oswego High School is Oswego Goal (0.1 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Oswego Goal (0.1 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Oswego Goal (0.1 miles away)
- Oswego Oswego Goal Alternative School
Grades: 6-12 | 52 students
61 Franklin St
Oswego, IL 60543
(630)636-3915 0.1 6-12 52
- Oswego Kendall Co Opportunity School Special Education School
61 Franklin St Ste A
Oswego, IL 60543
(630)554-6871 0.4 PK-12 n/a
- Oswego Southbury Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 611 students
820 Preston Ln
Oswego, IL 60543
(630)636-3489 0.8 K-5 611
- Oswego Thompson Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 963 students
440 Boulder Hill
Oswego, IL 60543
(630)636-3489 0.9 6-8 963
- Oswego Traughber Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 1076 students
570 Colchester Dr
Oswego, IL 60543
(630)636-3489 0.9 6-8 1076
Nearby Homes for Sale
Quick Stats (2018-19)
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 2,678 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 35%
- Graduation Rate : 97% (Top 5% in IL)
- Overall School Rank : Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency : 24% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency : 27% (Btm 50%)
- Diversity Score : 0.53% (Top 30%)
Most Popular Articles
Public School Jobs
Local School Topics
About Public Schools
Public School Policies
Evaluating Public Schools
- School Search Tools:Search schools by zipCompare schools side-by-side
School by Type (IL):Blue Ribbon (195)Magnet (104)Charter (66)Special Education (107)Alternative (137)School districts (973)
Private & Boarding Schools:Private schools in IllinoisBoarding schools in Illinois
- State Links:Illinois Dept. of Education website
- Diversity Data:Illinois school diversity dataNational school diversity data
Public School Review
244 5th Avenue, # J-229
New York, NY 10001
- About us
- Find Schools
- Top Lists
- Student Member Area
- Public School Guide
- Compare Schools
- Contact Us
- School Member Area
- School Mailing Lists
- Data Widget and API
© 2003-2018 All rights reserved.
Lakeridge Junior High School
MyWay Premium Template
Attendance Information for Lakeridge Junior High
Attendance Voicemail Number 503-534-2083 (please include student name, the date and the reason for absence or for early dismissal)
Main Office Number 503-534-2343 (for immediate assistance)
Excused Absence/Late Arrival Reasons:
- Family Emergency
- Planned Absence
Unexcused Absence or Late Arrival Reasons:
- Missed bus
- Finishing Homework
- Refusal to attend school
Auto Dialer Explanation: If a student is marked absent and we have not heard from a parent or guardian by 10 a.m. OR a student has missed class due to an unexcused reason (see above), the auto dialing system automatically calls and emails all listed parents and guardians. This is a district mandated procedure in order to ensure that parents are updated on unexcused absences.
Homework Requests: Students are responsible to check StudentVUE on Synergy, Google Classrooms, or email a teacher directly to obtain homework for missed instruction time.
Early Release or Appointments: Please call the day of your student’s appointment. Send a written note or call the office if a student needs to be released early from school. We appreciate knowing in advance if a student needs to be dismissed to keep disruption of class time to a minimum. Allow at least 10 minutes to release students from class. All sign in and sign out from school occurs in the main office.
Planned Absences (for one or more days): At Lakeridge Junior High, we value student attendance and achievement. We appreciate your honest communication about your child’s attendance and understand that sometimes it is unavoidable for students to miss school. Please notify the office when your student will be missing one or more days of school by completing the electronic Parent/Guardian Permission for Planned Absence Form . Students should communicate with teachers and collect signatures using the student form attached here . Additional copies of this form are available in the main office.
For information on the importance of school attendance from the Institute of Education Sciences: National Center for Education Statistics.
Attendance Secretary: Sue Steger
4700 Jean Road, Lake Oswego, OR 97035
- Contact Us |
- Newsletter |