Alvin High School
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
|Alvin High School|
802 South Johnson Street
|Coordinates||29°25′04″N 95°15′04″W / 29.4177363°N 95.2510455°W Coordinates : 29°25′04″N 95°15′04″W / 29.4177363°N 95.2510455°W|
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Alvin Independent School District|
|Enrollment||2,646 (2015-16) |
|Color(s)||Burnt Orange & White|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAAAA|
|Website||Alvin High School|
Alvin High School is a public high school located in the city of Alvin , Texas ( USA ) and classified as a 6A school by the UIL . It is a part of the Alvin Independent School District located in central Brazoria County . In 2015, the school was rated ” Met Standard ” by the Texas Education Agency . 
- 1 History
- 2 Communities served by Alvin High School
- 3 Extracurricular Activities
- 3.1 Athletics
- 3.2 Academics and Arts
- 3.3 State Titles
- 3.3.1 State Finalist
- 4 Notable alumni
- 5 References
- 6 External links
History[ edit ]
Alvin High School opened in 1894, with its first graduating class graduating in 1897. Alvin High School gained more residents as many school districts consolidated into Alvin ISD.  and remained Alvin ISD’s only high school until Manvel High School opened in fall 2006 with 9th and 10th grades, phasing in 11th and 12th grades in the following two years.
After the annexation of several school districts, ending with the Manvel Independent School District in 1973, Alvin High School served the city of Manvel , the town of Iowa Colony , portions of the city of Pearland (including the Brazoria County portion of Shadow Creek Ranch ), and additional portions of unincorporated Brazoria County (including Rosharon ) until the opening of Manvel High School.
Communities served by Alvin High School[ edit ]
Alvin High School serves the cities of Alvin and Liverpool as well as unincorporated portions of Brazoria County (including Amsterdam ).
Extracurricular Activities[ edit ]
Athletics[ edit ]
The Alvin Yellowjackets compete in these sports – 
- Cross Country
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field
- Water Polo
Academics and Arts[ edit ]
- Academic Decathlon
- Concert Band and Marching Band
- UIL Academics
- Literary Criticism
- One-Act Plays
State Titles[ edit ]
- Softball 
- Boys Track 
- United Academic Decathlon
- 2013 
- 2016 
- 2017 
State Finalist[ edit ]
- Baseball 
Notable alumni[ edit ]
- Nathan Eovaldi (class of 2008), pitcher, drafted by the Dodgers in senior year
- Nolan Ryan (class of 1965), pitcher, held Alvin High School strikeout record for 44 years 
- Reid Ryan , pitcher, President of Business Operations for the Houston Astros organization 
- Austin Miller (class of 1994), actor, singer and dancer
- George Layne , NFL RB (2001-2004)
References[ edit ]
- ^ “ALVIN H S” . National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- ^ “2015 Accountability Rating System” (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-10.
- ^ AISD History
- ^ The Athletics Department
- ^ UIL Softball Archives Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine .
- ^ UIL Boys Track Archives Archived 2016-03-03 at the Wayback Machine .
- ^ “2013Acdec” . Acadec Scores. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- ^ “2016Acdec” . Acadec Scores. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- ^ “2017Acdec” . Acadec Scores. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- ^ UIL Baseball Archives Archived 2013-12-10 at the Wayback Machine .
- ^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2011-10-04. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- ^ McTaggart, Brian (May 16, 2013). “Source: Reid Ryan to be named president of Astros” . MLB.com . Retrieved May 21, 2013.
External links[ edit ]
- Alvin ISD
- School Map
- Alvin High School Baseball
- Alvin High School Bowling Team
- Alvin Independent School District high schools
- Educational institutions established in 1894
- 1894 establishments in Texas
- Webarchive template wayback links
- CS1 maint: Archived copy as title
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- This page was last edited on 15 November 2018, at 06:26 (UTC).
- Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;
- About Wikipedia
- Contact Wikipedia
- Cookie statement
- Mobile view