- About Us / Donate / Contact
- From Slave to President
- Current Exhibit: Law
- The Need for rules
- Tool of Social Engineering
create an account
Here We Are Idaho!
The Idaho State Museum is a fun, interactive experience where people of all ages and backgrounds come to explore the story of Idaho. Furthermore, the Museum looks at how Idaho’s unique landscapes have shaped, and continue to shape, our experience. The Museum shows the profound relationship between Idaho’s people and its land have always defined what it means to live here. The newly renovated Idaho State Museum provides more space for exhibitions, artifacts, in addition to educational programming that help Idahoans and visitors understand our story.
The Museum space includes:
- Galleries devoted to the vast landscapes and stories of Idaho told geographically through North, Central, and South Idaho
- A gallery that chronicles Idaho’s geologic origins, while presenting the origin stories of Idaho’s five federally recognized tribes
- Boomtown Gallery, a space designed for children to interact and play while learning along the way
- History Lab, where people can learn history by practicing it themselves
- Stories from Idaho, an exhibition on individuals who have made an impact on Idaho’s history that invites visitors to see themselves as part of the story
- Classroom space that can be used for programming private meetings and events
- M Store featuring locally-produced products and an array of items that incorporate themes represented throughout the Museum
- A Community Room event space which can host public and private events
Monday-Saturday | 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday | 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Adults (18-59): $10
Active Military & Veterans: $8
Seniors (60+): $8
College Students (w/ID): $8
Children/Youth (6-17): $5
Children 5 and under: Free
Groups of 10+ (must book in advance): $1 off
EBT Cardholders (Up to 4 family members): $3
Ask about Blue Star and Museums for All programs!
Due to the amount of time needed to experience the museum, last admission is at 4:15 p.m.
Idaho State Museum Hours and Location
Open 7 Days a Week
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed most holidays
610 Julia Davis Dr.
Boise, ID 83702
Please call us with any questions:
451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which
enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time.
For any issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-467-9251 .