451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which
enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time.
For any issues, contact email@example.com or call 309-764-4344 .
Geneseo High School
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
|Geneseo High School|
700 North State Street
|Coordinates||41°27′47″N 90°09′19″W / 41.46305°N 90.15520°W Coordinates : 41°27′47″N 90°09′19″W / 41.46305°N 90.15520°W|
|Type||Comprehensive Public High School|
|School district||Geneseo Community Unit School District 228|
|Teaching staff||54.00 (on a FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||827 (2015-16) |
|Student to teacher ratio||15.43|
|Campus type||Small city|
|Color(s)||Kelly Green, White|
Geneseo High School is located in Geneseo, Illinois , United States. The school is part of the Geneseo Community Unit School District 228 , which covers Geneseo, Atkinson , and parts of Colona .
- 1 Academics
- 2 History
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Athletics and activities
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Academics[ edit ]
In 2012 Geneseo High School was a U.S. News & World Report Silver Medal winner. Based on their criteria, Geneseo High School ranked #1427 (out of 22,000) in the US and ranked #52 (out of 672) in the state of Illinois. 
History[ edit ]
The high school was originally an old building in the city park, but then moved to the former J. D. Darnall Jr. High School, which was relatively new. The old high school became the Geneseo Junior High School, which closed in 1998 with the opening of a new building, Geneseo Middle School. The high school was known as J. D. Darnall Senior High School until 2005, when it just became Geneseo High School.
Demographics[ edit ]
The demographic breakdown of the 833 students enrolled in 2013-14 was:
- Male – 53.5%
- Female – 46.5%
- Native American/Alaskan – 0.6%
- Asian/Pacific islanders – 0.5%
- Black – 0%
- Hispanic – 4.8%
- White – 91.8%
- Multiracial – 2.3%
18.4% of the students were eligible for free or reduced lunch. 
Athletics and activities[ edit ]
The Geneseo Maple Leafs participate in numerous IHSA sanctioned sports and activities. The school colors are Kelly green and white. The sports teams compete in the Northern Illinois Big 12 conference.
The following sports are offered: 
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (boys & girls)
- Bowling (boys & girls)
- Competitive cheer (girls)
- Cross country (boys & girls)
- Football (boys)
- State champion – 1976, 1977, 1978, 1982 
- Golf (boys & girls)
- Gymnastics (girls)
- Softball (girls)
- Soccer (boys & girls)
- Swimming and diving (girls)
- Tennis (boys & girls)
- Track and field (boys & girls)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Wrestling (boys)
Geneseo also participates in these non-sport IHSA sanctioned activities: 
- Bass fishing
- Group interpretation
- Vocal music
- Scholastic bowl
The school won the state music sweepstakes title in 1984-85, 1985–86, 1987–88, 1997–98, 1998–99 and 2005-06. 
References[ edit ]
- ^ “Geneseo High School” . National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 11, 2018.
- ^ a b “School directory information – Geneseo High School” . NCES . U.S. Department of Education. Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- ^ “How Does Geneseo High School Rank Among America’s Best High Schools?” . usnews.com. Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- ^ a b “IHSA Geneseo” . ihsa.org. Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- ^ a b “IHSA” . ihsa.org. Retrieved 10 July 2016.
External links[ edit ]
- Geneseo High School
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub . You can help Wikipedia by expanding it .|
- Schools in Henry County, Illinois
- Public high schools in Illinois
- Illinois school stubs
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- All stub articles
- This page was last edited on 11 November 2018, at 20:24 (UTC).
- Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;
- About Wikipedia
- Contact Wikipedia
- Cookie statement
- Mobile view