Disabled Parking Permits Disability permit holders must pay at new Winnipeg parking meters …
Monday, March 25, 2019

Disabled Parking Permits Disability permit holders must pay at new Winnipeg parking meters …

Side Menu
Printer Friendly Français Site Map Contact Government

Government of Manitoba


  • manitoba.ca
  • > Families
  • > Misc
  • > Forms
Page Content
redirect to http://residents.gov.mb.ca/forms.html?filter_dept=8&filter_category=0&d=list&x=23&y=16


Get Started

  • Home Page
  • About the Department
    • Legislation
    • Administration and Finance Division
      • Agency Accountability and Community Initiatives Branch
      • Financial and Administrative Services Branch
      • Business Technology Support Services Office
      • Service Provider Financial Reporting Requirements
    • Child and Family Services Division
    • Community Programs and Corporate Services Division
    • Community Service Delivery Division
      • Adult Disability Services
      • Rural and Northern Services
      • Winnipeg Services
      • Provincial Services
      • Winnipeg Child and Family Services
      • Strategic Planning and Program Support
  • Adoption
    • Adoption of a Permanent Ward
    • Birth Parent Counselling
    • Intercountry Adoption
    • Post-Adoption Registry
    • Private Adoption
    • Open Birth Records Related to Adoption
    • Open Birth Records Frequently Asked Questions
    • Other Types of Adoption
    • Frequently Asked Questions
    • Forms and Resources
    • Glossary
  • Adult and Child Abuse Registries
    • Adult Abuse Registry (AAR)
    • AAR FAQ
    • Child Abuse Registry (CAR)
    • CAR FAQ
  • Child and Family Services (CFS)
    • Changes for Children
      • Home Page
      • Background
      • Reports
    • Child Welfare Reform
    • Contact CFS
    • Forms
    • Investments
    • Legacy of Phoenix Sinclair
    • Protecting Children from Abuse and Neglect
    • Publications
    • Tracia’s Trust
  • Child Care
  • Children’s disABILITY Services
    • Services
    • Office Locations
    • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Community Living disABILITY Services – Program Information
    • Age of Majority Planning – Youth in Care Transitioning
    • Building on Abilities
    • Day Services
    • Disability and Health Supports Unit
    • Disability Support Work
    • Residential Care Licensing
    • Residential Services
    • Supports Intensity Scale (SIS)
    • Support Services
  • Disabilities Issues Office
  • Disability and Health Supports Unit
    • Contact
  • Employment and Income Assistance
  • Fair Practices Office
    • Frequently Asked Questions
    • Publications
  • Family Conciliation Services
    • Brief Consultation Services
    • Caught in the Middle Program for Children
    • Court-Ordered Assessment
    • First Choice Program
    • For the Sake of the Children Program for Parents
    • For the Sake of the Children: Legal Considerations
    • Grandparent and Family Access
    • Mediation
    • Parenting after Separation
    • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Family Violence Prevention Program
  • Financial Benefits and Assistance
  • Foster Care
    • Resources
    • Responsibilities
    • Rights
    • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Information for Manitobans with Disabilities
  • Manitoba Developmental Centre
    • Community Living Options
    • Volunteering
  • Manitoba Housing
  • Non-Profit Organization
  • Poverty Reduction Strategy
  • Social Services Appeal Board
  • Vulnerable Persons’ Commissioner Office
  • Locations
    • Administrative Offices
    • Centralized
    • Child and Family Services
    • Housing
    • Rural and Northern
    • Winnipeg
  • Contact Us
  • Forms
  • Publications
  • Reports and Expenses
    • Annual Reports
    • 2007 – 2016 Fiscal
Stay Connected
  • Join us on Facebook
  • Follow us on Twitter
  • Subscribe to our RSS
  • View our videos on YouTube
  • View our photos on Flickr

Government of Manitoba

Make text bigger Make text smaller Print this page
Empty graphics used for spacing
spacing between navigation items Home spacing between navigation items Introduction spacing between navigation items About Reciprocity spacing between navigation items Acknowledgements spacing between navigation items World Map spacing between navigation items
Empty graphics used for spacing
Go to the homepage
Empty graphics used for spacing
Empty graphics used for spacing


Welcome to the Canada section of the FIA Guide for the disabled traveller. Read this page, and then click on the province or territory you intend to visit


Whether or not your Parking Permit will be recognised depends on where you are from:


Are you from another Canadian province or territory? If so, most provinces and territories will recognise your Parking Permit

Are you from Europe (EU / EEA countries), USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan or Korea (International Transport Forum (ITF) member countries)? If so, all provinces and territories of Canada should recognise your Parking Permit but you are advised to contact the parking permit issuing office of your provincial/territorial destination to ensure that your Parking Permit will be recognised – contact details are below

Are you from a country not listed above? If so, your Parking Permit may not be recognised and you should ask locally if it will be accepted


This is explained under the heading “Where you may use your Parking Permit”


“You may use your Parking Permit in _ _” means that reciprocity has been confirmed officially, but may only apply to Parking Permit holders from ITF member countries ie Europe (EU / EEA), USA, Australia, New Zealand, Japan or Korea


What you should always do:

  • Check the entry in the Guide
  • Check locally by asking if your Parking Permit will be recognised, particularly if you are not from an ITF country – local people, police and parking officials will want to help you so do not be afraid to ask
  • If you are satisfied your Parking Permit can be used, display next to it the print-out notice to explain to police and parking officials your right to park, and where they may find more information

Always – ask locally, park sensibly and safely, obey the rules, enjoy your visit!


Arrow sign Alberta

Arrow sign British Columbia

Arrow sign Manitoba


Arrow sign New Brunswick

Arrow sign Newfoundland and Labrador

Arrow sign Northwest Territories


Arrow sign Nova Scotia

Arrow sign Nunavut

Arrow sign Ontario


Arrow sign Prince Edward Island

Arrow sign Quebec

Arrow sign Saskatchewan


Arrow sign Yukon


Footnote: We have made every effort to ensure the information in the Guide is correct but cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions. You must always check the parking signs and ask locally if your Parking Permit will be recognised. Only take advantage of parking concessions when you are completely satisfied it will be recognised

© FIA 2011. All rights reserved.

Empty graphics used for spacing FIA Empty graphics used for spacing FIA Foundation Empty graphics used for spacing