Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
This article is an orphan , as no other articles link to it . Please introduce links to this page from related articles ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (May 2012)
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College is an educational institution in Tamil Nadu , India , established in 1997. Situated between Udumalpet and Pollachi , the college offers seven undergraduate and eight postgraduate courses.
It is a co-educational and self-financing institution, affiliated to the Bharathiar University and approved by the AICTE and UGC New Delhi. It has been accredited with ISO 9001 :2000 certification.
- 1 History
- 1.1 New courses
- 2 Trust
- 3 References
- 4 External links
History[ edit ]
In 2008 the college set up a Centre for Counselling and Guidance headed by Dr. Thomas Janetius, a professional counselor and psychotherapist from De La Salle University-Manila, Philippines, to provide care and support for students and faculty in their personal/social, academic, and career development.
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College was placed as second best college for overall performance in 2009 among all the affiliated colleges of Bharathiar University. The Tamil Nadu State Information Commissioner gave the award at a function organised at Bharathiar University. 
The college offers a psycho-spiritual development program for Coimbatore Central Prison inmates. This year-round program will focus on giving meaning and purpose, and reform, for future life. The program is conducted by Dr. Janetius, director, Centre for Counselling and Guidance of the college. 
STC organized a two-day national level seminar on “Human Rights Abuse on Elders” on July 8–9, 2010. It was coordinated by the STC Centre for Counselling and Guidance, and the PG Department of Social Work.  The vice-chancellor of Bharathiar University inaugurated the sessions and the DIG of Prisons P. Govindarajan distributed certificates to the researchers. 33 papers were presented in the six technical sessions.
New courses[ edit ]
STC started new degree courses in 2013: BA English and BSc Psychology , MA English and MSC Maths.
Trust[ edit ]
The college was founded by the V.S.V. Vidyaa Mandir Charitable Trust, which was formed by three business and philanthropic families: Thiru P.M. Thiagarajan, Smt. T. Saraswathi, Thiru M.K. Arumugam, Smt. A. Mahalakshmi and Thiru D. Sivaraman, Smt. Vasantham Sivam. The trust’s aim is to uplift the members of society through education.  [ not in citation given ]
References[ edit ]
- ^ http://www.hindu.com/2009/04/12/stories/2009041255240500.htm
- ^ http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/spiritual-course-for-prisoners/article220435.ece
- ^ http://hrelderly.page.tl
- ^ Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College’s Details
External links[ edit ]
- Official website
- Clickindia: Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College
- Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Education in Coimbatore district
- Educational institutions established in 1997
- 1997 establishments in India
- Orphaned articles from May 2012
- All orphaned articles
- All articles with failed verification
- Articles with failed verification from March 2016
- Tamil Nadu articles missing geocoordinate data
- All articles needing coordinates
- This page was last edited on 28 May 2018, at 08:52 (UTC).
- Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;
- About Wikipedia
- Contact Wikipedia
- Cookie statement
- Mobile view