Dedicated to your stories and ideas.
A website by Thought.is
- Privacy Statement
65 Trick Questions That Will Stump You (In A Funny Way)
January Nelson ,
- Cataloged in Project Oasis / LOL
1. What two things can you never eat for breakfast?
Lunch and dinner.
2. What gets wetter the more it dries?
3. What word is spelled incorrectly in every single dictionary?
4. What never asks a question but gets answered all the time?
5. What goes up but never ever comes down?
6. A girl fell off a 50-foot ladder but didn’t get hurt. How come?
She fell off the bottom rung.
7. What starts with “e” and ends with “e” but only has one letter in it?
8. How can a girl go 25 days without sleep?
She sleeps at night.
9. You spot a boat full of people but there isn’t a single person on board. How is that possible?
Everyone on board is married.
10. How do you make the number one disappear?
Add the letter G and it’s “gone”!
11. What’s greater than God and more evil than the devil. Rich people want it, poor people have it. And if you eat it, you’ll die?
12. A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed in town for three days and rode out on Friday. How is that possible?
Friday was the name of his horse.
13. What two keys can’t open any door?
A monkey and a donkey.
14. What will you actually find at the end of every rainbow?
The letter “w.”
15. A young boy was rushed to the hospital emergency room, but the ER doctor saw the boy and refused to operate. “This boy is my son,” the doctor said. But the doctor wasn’t the boy’s father. How could this be?
The doctor was the boy’s mom.
16. What has a face and two hands, but no arms or legs?
17. What can be caught but never thrown?
18. I start out tall, but the longer I stand, the shorter I grow. What am I?
19. How many seconds are there in a year?
Twelve. January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd, etc.
20. What can run but not walk?
21. How many months have 28 days?
22. Thanks to me, you can see straight through the wall. What am I?
23. Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?
Neither. They both weigh exactly one pound.
24. How can the pocket of your pants be empty, but still have something in it?
When the something is a hole.
25. What has a thumb and four fingers but isn’t actually alive?
26. Imagine you’re in a room that’s filling up with water quickly. There are no windows or doors. How do you get out?
27. Everyone in the world needs it, but they usually give it without taking it. What is it?
28. What can you hold without touching it at all?
29. I am an odd number. Take away one letter and I become even. What number am I?
Seven (take away the ‘s’ and it becomes ‘even’).
30. I’m light as a feather, but not even the strongest girl can hold me for more than 5 minutes. What am I?
31. Two mothers and two daughters went out to eat, everyone ate one slice of pizza, yet only three slices were eaten. How’s that possible?
The group included a grandmother, her daughter and her daughter’s daughter.
32. What 5-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
33. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday?
Yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
34. What gets sharper the more you use it?
35. A man was outside taking a walk when it started to rain. The man didn’t have an umbrella and he wasn’t wearing a hat or a hood. His clothes got soaked, yet not a single hair on his head got wet. How could this be?
The man was bald.
36. What can you make that no one—not even you—can see?
37. What belongs to you but gets used by everyone else more than you?
38. What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in one thousand years?
The letter M.
39. I’m so fragile that if you say my name, you’ll break me. What am I?
40. If I drink, I die. If I eat, I’m fine. What am I?
41. What’s full of holes but can still hold liquid?
42. I have teeth but can’t eat. What am I?
43. First you throw away my outside and cook the inside. Then you eat my outside and throw away my inside. What am I?
Corn on the cob. Because you throw away the husk, cook the corn. Then you eat the kernels, and throw away the cob.
44. What runs, but never walks. Murmurs, but never talks. Has a bed, but never sleeps. And has a mouth, but never eats?
45. What bird can lift the most weight?
46. What goes up as soon as the rain comes down?
47. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?
48. I have all the knowledge you have. But I’m so small, you can hold me in your fist. What am I?
49. How much dirt is there in a hole that’s 5 feet wide and 5 feet deep?
50. What has three feet but can’t walk?
51. If two’s company and three’s a crowd, what do four and five make?
52. What travels the world while stuck in one spot?
53. Name four days of the week that start with the letter “t”?
Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow.
54. What has four eyes but can’t see?
55. What’s as big as an elephant but weighs absolutely nothing?
56. What has a neck but no head?
57. What moves faster: heat or cold?
Heat. Because you can always catch a cold.
58. Forwards I’m heavy but backwards I’m not. What am I?
59. A girl leaves home and turns left three times, only to return home facing two guys wearing masks. Who are the two guys?
The catcher and the umpire.
60. Beth’s mother has three daughters. One is called Lara, the other one is Sara. What is the name of the third daughter?
61. What gets bigger and bigger the more you take away from it?
62. I have one head, one foot, and four legs. What am I?
63. We see it once in a year, twice in a week, and never in a day. What is it?
The letter “e”
64. If I have it, I don’t share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it?
65. What has one eye but can’t see anything at all?
More From Thought Catalog
7 Sweetly Romantic Date Night Spots In Washington DC
45 Quick And Dirty Riddles That Will Stump Even Your Smartest Friends
150+ Laffy Taffy Jokes That Will Make You Laugh And Groan
50 People On ‘The Most Intellectual Joke I Know’
Ouija Board Stories
20+ Terrifying And True Ouija Board Stories
22 Signs You’ve Found One Of The Good Ones — And You Should Keep Him
I Want To Date You Online
20 True Facts About The Harsh Realities Of Being A Girl
‘Tis the season…
to be inspired! 🎄 Shop books and more for you and your loved ones this season at ShopCatalog.com .
👉Books that make you feel whole again
👉Poetry to sooth your soul
👉All beautifully crafted
👉Plus new apparel
So you think you are smart? Feel like you have more common sense than others? Think again! The following questions are going to make your mind go crazy doing flips as it tries to figure out the answer. Don’t beat yourself up though, if you can’t get the answer. Scroll down for your brain challenge!
33 Trickiest Questions of All Time is Here!
- A little girl kicks a soccer ball. It goes 10 feet and comes back to her. How is this possible? (Ever heard of gravity? She kicked it up.)
- A 10 foot rope ladder hangs over the side of a boat with the bottom rung on the surface of the water. The rungs are one foot apart, and the tide goes up at the rate of 6 inches per hour. How long will it be until three rungs are covered?(Never. The boat rises as the tide goes up.)
- A is the father of B. But B is not the son of A. How’s that possible? (B is the daughter you MCP’s!)
- A man dressed in all black is walking down a country lane. Suddenly, a large black car without any lights on comes round the corner and screeches to a halt. How did the car know he was there? (It was day time.)
- A rooster laid an egg on top of the barn roof. Which way did it roll? (It didn’t roll – since when did roosters start laying eggs?)
- A truck driver is going down a one way street the wrong way, and passes at least ten cops. Why is he not caught? (Because he was not driving! He’s walking on the sidewalk.)
- An electric train is moving north at 100mph and a wind is blowing to the west at 10mph. Which way does the smoke blow? (There is no smoke with an electric train.)
- How can a man go eight days without sleep? (By sleeping during the night time)
- How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? (The Egg won’t crack the concrete floor!)
- How can you lift an elephant with one hand? (It is not a problem, since you will never find an elephant with one hand.)
- How much dirt is there in a hole 3 feet deep, 6 ft long and 4 ft wide? (None, or else it wouldn’t be a hole. )
- If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it take before all the pills had been taken? (1 hour! Take the 1st pill right away, half an hour later take the 2nd and half an hour after that the 3rd. Total time spent: 1 hour! )
- If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall,how long would it take four men to build it? (No time at all it is already built.)
- If Mr Smith’s peacock lays an egg in Mr Jones’ yard, who owns the egg? (Peacocks don’t lay eggs, just peahens.)
- If there are 6 apples and you take away 4, how many do you have? (The 4 you took.)
- If you had only one match, and entered a dark room containing an oil lamp, some newspaper, and some kindling wood, which would you light first? (The match.)
- Is it legal for a man to marry his widow’s sister? (No, but since he’s dead it would be kind of difficult.)
- Some months have 31 days, others have 30 days. How many have 28 days? (All months have 28 days.)
- Larry’s father has five sons named Ten, Twenty, Thirty, Forty…Guess what would be the name of the fifth? (Larry! He would be the fifth son)
- There was an airplane crash, every single person on board died, but yet two people survived. How is this possible? (The two were married.)
- What goes up and down, but still remains in the same place? (Stairs! )
- How far can you walk into the woods? (Half way. After that you are walking out of the woods.)
- If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become? (It will become Wet. Duhh :P)
- What can you never eat for breakfast? (Dinner)
- What gets wetter & wetter the more it dries? (A towel)
- Name the most recent year in which New Year’s came before Christmas. (This year. New Year’s always comes before Christmas of the same year.)
- What goes up and never comes down? (Age!)
- Which is heavier, 100 pounds of rocks or 100 pounds of feathers? (They both weigh the same – 100 pounds)
- What has a head and a tail but no body? (A coin)
- If there are 12 fish and half of them drown, how many are there? (12, fish don’t drown!)
- Imagine you are in a sinking row boat surrounded by sharks. How would you survive? (Stop imagining!)
- How many times can you subtract 10 from 100? (Once. Next time you would be subtracting 10 from 90.)
- How many times does the alphabet ‘a’ appear from 0-100. (None).
Well, that’s it. Hope these questions kept your brain busy for sometime… Now, it’s time to break your friends’ heads! Cheers!
Hot on Obvious Fun
- 33 Tricky Questions And Answers That Will …So you think you are smart? Feel like you have …
- 20 Awesome Brainteasers with Answers to Rack …So you want to see how smart your brain is? …
- Can you tell what direction is this …Recently I stumbled upon this pic and it’s driving me …
- Heart Touching
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.